Join our zoo community
MKE Zoo guy

Former African Forest

A better look at the former African Forest exhibit

Former African Forest
MKE Zoo guy, 15 Jun 2020
CarLover likes this.
    • pachyderm pro
      Wait, so the just left this area open with nothing? This would have made a perfect grazing area for the hippos with minimal cost. Why the hell aren't they using it? Milwaukee as a zoo really makes some extremely baffling design choices with Adventure Africa.
    • birdsandbats
      Maybe they are planning on using it for something else. Perhaps they are keeping the Red River Hogs?
    • MKE Zoo guy
      @birdsandbats I am not sure if they are going to put anything in there since the door on the back of the exhibit leads direction to the snow leopard area. So unless they are going to remove the animals every night by walking them through the zoo to their night home, I'm not sure if the space was designed to house animals. The master plan called for it to be a cut through area for the zoo staff personel.
    • Wild wolverine
      Perhaps they'll plant some trees or put a garden in so the area isn't a complete waste of visible space...
      I love this zoo, this kinda stings o_O
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Milwaukee County Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    MKE Zoo guy
    Date:
    15 Jun 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3024px
    Height:
    4032px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Date / Time:
    2020:06:15 11:37:34
    Exposure Time:
    1/1779 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 32
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).