Join our zoo community
SMR

Former Blackburn Pavilion Pathway - 15/11/2019

Pathway that once led around the Blackburn Pavilion and to the Big Cat Terraces.

Former Blackburn Pavilion Pathway - 15/11/2019
SMR, 19 Nov 2019
DelacoursLangur and Crowthorne like this.
    • Crowthorne
      I've liked this not because it's a good view of London, but because this used to be one of my favourite paths in the zoo, relatively quiet and a little out of the way for the 'big' animals. It's such a shame it has been closed off for so long now. I wonder if there is good reason for this? Maybe some stand-off barriers could have been put around the new lion fencing to provide a different view into the smaller lion enclosure? This would still give access to these aviaries, which are essentially off-show now.
    • SMR
      @Crowthorne As it has been closed since construction of Land of the Lions began, it's sad to see the signs still on the aviaries on the right, it's almost as though it should've been reopened but someone forgot all about it.
    • pipaluk
      I guess it is easy to leave the path closed. Saves them having to clear up!!
    • Panthera1981
      I also enjoyed walking this route but, to me, this photo truly sums up the current state of both LZ and WZ - neglected and untidy.
      pipaluk likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    19 Nov 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3238px
    Height:
    2160px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    ILCE-7RM3
    Date / Time:
    2019:11:15 12:07:47
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).