Join our zoo community
pachyderm pro

Former Puffin Exhibit - Aquatics Building

Former Puffin Exhibit - Aquatics Building
pachyderm pro, 24 Jun 2021
German Zoo World and KevinB like this.
    • Dhole dude
      Are you sure the puffins were phased out? When I was there a few weeks ago, it only seemed like they were doing maintenance on the exhibit before the renovations to the aquatics building are completed.
    • pachyderm pro
      I was under the impression they were slowly phasing out animals in the aquatics building in preparation for an overhaul of the structure. Is this not the case? What are the plans for the renovated aquatics building anyway?
    • Dhole dude
      @pachyderm pro I believe this exhibit is not one of the exhibits slated for renovation. As for the renovation plans,
      .The two circular tanks in the middle will presumably contain moray eels & lionfish
      .The tank in the former amphitheater will contain a giant octopus
      .The current gray seal exhibit will be removed and replaced with a touch tank, inhabitants are unknown ( though sharks & rays seem like the most likely option)
      .three more small tanks will be added where the current gray seal exhibit, inhabitants are unknown, but mudskippers, garden eels, & amphibians May have been considered.
    • pachyderm pro
      @Dhole dude Thank you for the info. I must say it sounds like a rather underwhelming upgrade. I found the penguin exhibit to be pretty mediocre as well as the pictured puffin exhibit. Nothing will be done with either of these exhibits? Disappointing if so.
    • Dhole dude
      @pachyderm pro other than slight viewing upgrades, both exhibits will unfortunately stay the same. It is an underwhelming upgrade, but at least you’ll hopefully be able to actually see the puffins for once.
    • birdsandbats
      Not former, saw them today.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Como Park Zoo and Conservatory
    Uploaded By:
    pachyderm pro
    Date:
    24 Jun 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS Rebel T6
    Date / Time:
    2000:01:01 00:02:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).