Join our zoo community
Maguari

Fountain centrepiece of the tropical house at Flamingo Park, Seaview, Isle

I think... someone here likes fountains. There are free flight birds (not in large numbers but diverse including turacos and kiskadee), a couple of aviaries and some herp tanks and pondfish in here

Fountain centrepiece of the tropical house at Flamingo Park, Seaview, Isle
Maguari, 4 Jun 2008
    • Maguari
      I think... someone here likes fountains. There are free flight birds (not in large numbers but diverse including turacos and kiskadee), a couple of aviaries and some herp tanks and pondfish in here
    • PAT
      What the?
    • johnstoni
      Whoa, what kind of rainforest is this!??
    • PAT
      Maybe they were aiming for Rotarua?
    • John Dineley
      Looks like the kinds of set-up I used to make when I worked in a garden centre managing an aquatic department :D
    • Maguari
      I worked somewhere similar and that's just what it looks like - something you'd set up if you were trying to sell fountains and wanted to show off all the different ones side by side. I'm not sure how well it works as an actual water feature...
    • stubeanz
      I visited a few days ago and the tropical house has deffinatly changed alot, plenty of birds free flying and nesting, a lovely pond with plenty of large fish and the plants looked like they were growing very well.
      I was told it hasn't been open too long so perhaps when you visited in 2008 it had only just opened.

Ps the fountains were turned off both times I went into the house, so I didn't have to worry about it :)
    • Chlidonias
      I saw the title on the list of today's photos and opened it not really knowing what to expect....but whatever I expected I can say with absolute certainty that it wasn't this! Holy bananas! It does look exactly like a fountain sales-yard!
    • Maguari
      A narrow escape! :D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Seaview Wildlife Encounter
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    4 Jun 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    484 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2008:05:24 13:37:15
    Exposure Time:
    10/2400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).