Join our zoo community
sooty mangabey

Free-ranging Brown Rat (!), Tropical House

Free-ranging Brown Rat (!), Tropical House
sooty mangabey, 27 Jul 2019
    • sooty mangabey
      @snowleopard has written about this place in his latest travel thread, here Snowleopard's 2019 Road Trip: Netherlands, Belgium, France & Germany. He has also posted a number of pictures. Just some more, here, to further illuminate the delights to be found in eastern Belgium.

I found the Tropical House reminiscent of that which used to be at Veldhoven (and possibly still is there): a conventional middle bit, with rather dark and unattractive cages around a first-floor walkway. This one was also contained a worrying number of rodent visitors, which appeared to be remarkably bold. If I was over-seeing a collection of free-ranging birds, I think I would be dee to do something about this issue.
    • KevinB
      Given the pretty nice bird collection in the tropical house and concerns for their safety and health a rodent infestation in the tropical house is very concerning to hear about.

I was kind of planning a revisit to Pakawi Park (now formerly the Olmense Zoo) the next time the weather is good but what you and Snowleopard wrote and showed doesn't sound all that good and so I'm kind of starting to second-guess that idea. I was really hoping the zoo would have improved more already under the new management but I guess more time will be needed.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pakawi Park
    Uploaded By:
    sooty mangabey
    Date:
    27 Jul 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 650D
    Date / Time:
    2019:07:17 14:30:57
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    400 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).