Join our zoo community
Nick@Amsterdam

Free ranging Cobra at the zoo…!

I ran into this Cobra while walking through the zoo! This is a wild specimen. This is a picture from my last visit to Hyderabad in 2008. By that time I had bought a better camera and had somewhat more experience photographing… So the quality is somewhat better than my older pictures… ;)

Free ranging Cobra at the zoo…!
Nick@Amsterdam, 9 Sep 2011
    • Nick@Amsterdam
      I ran into this Cobra while walking through the zoo! This is a wild specimen. This is a picture from my last visit to Hyderabad in 2008. By that time I had bought a better camera and had somewhat more experience photographing… So the quality is somewhat better than my older pictures… ;)
    • Goura
      Now that's a great zoo photo!!!...not too many people can claim to have had THAT experience.
    • Nick@Amsterdam
      Well, it was indeed a bit surprising to run into one of those… Especially when you're used to see them behind glass… ;) I see your location is Perth… Love the Perth Zoo!!! Wonderful collection of Aussie animals!!! :)
    • Goura
      Yes, Perth has certainly moved ahead over the years and the success they have had with native species like dibblers and numbats is quite impressive with both being released into the wild into areas that have been cleared of feral cats and foxes - in the case of the dibbler, the first releases have been into large fenced off areas. I'm hoping to get some infrared photos in the nocturnal house soon but i'm not sure what the results will be like. Will no doubt post some of them if they turn out ok.

By the way, have you seen the zoo at Chennai? It sounds quite interesting and i was wondering if it was worth a visit.
    • Nick@Amsterdam
      No, I've never been to Chennai. I bet it's an interesting zoo though :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Nehru Zoological Park
    Uploaded By:
    Nick@Amsterdam
    Date:
    9 Sep 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    390.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-F828
    Date / Time:
    2006:09:24 07:06:23
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    51 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).