Join our zoo community
Zooish

Free-ranging Orangutan, Singapore Zoo

The free-ranging areas have been expanding. Now at any one time, at least 10 orang utans will be free-ranging, weather-permitting of course.

Free-ranging Orangutan, Singapore Zoo
Zooish, 30 Jun 2007
    • Zooish
      The free-ranging areas have been expanding. Now at any one time, at least 10 orang utans will be free-ranging, weather-permitting of course.
    • GillP
      I know this is an old photo but was prompted to do a photo search (this site is so addictive ......) by another Singapore Zoo photo I saw earlier today.

How utterly fantastic to have free ranging orangs ........ fantastic for the visitor but most of all for the animals themselves. Am guessing they are constrained by hot wiring ?
    • zooman
      Wow! What a great way to exhibit females and young.

The suprise and experiance to view a orang like this impressive!
    • Hix
      Are they brought in at night or left out 24 hours?
    • torie
      there is anoter image in the gallery of the orangs being driven home at night so i gues they have some sort of night area.

i think it would be so cool to see them free range... untill one pooed on you!
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      it was soo awesome the one time I went to Singapore zoo to just see orang-utans just mozing by.
    • Gigit
      My daughter visited the zoo last week and said that I (a huge orangutan fan) would have been in heaven. She also said it was the best zoo she'd ever been to.
    • GillP
      There's a thread about Singapore's orangutan enclosures here:

Orangutan enclousre - Singapore Zoo

I think that'd be a small price (and low probability) to pay to see them like this !
    • torie
      would make a cool story too!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    30 Jun 2007
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    186.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    373px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).