Join our zoo community
Maguari

General View at Prague Terrarium, 26/08/12

General View at Prague Terrarium, 26/08/12
Maguari, 16 Oct 2012
    • Brum
      I've been waiting to see pictures of this place since you mentioned the off-show species and I'm impressed with the three you've let us see! ;)
      But all in all what was the general feeling on this place? Is it worth a trip to visit if you have time to spare? That's not including the extra goodies that you got to see, just general collection. :p
    • Maguari
      The three 'good 'uns' were the bulk of the interest in the offshow areas we saw, but we saw nothing of the second floor of the building, where I suspect there are at least some additional holdings.

And yes, the display is perhaps best described as 'pet shop plus', but with 14 monitor species and a huge venomous snake collection among other things it's well worth a look if you have time (and a car - can only imagine it would be very difficult without).
    • Brum
      Rules it out for me then! :(
      But the 14 species of monitor and some of the off show stuff species would be great to see. How big is it? Because they seem to have crammed a lot of stuff into an apparently small space.

And no picture of the meerkat? :eek::D:p
    • Maguari
      It's probably possible without a car - either by tackling the buses o by coughing up for a taxi - just depends how keen you are!

It's not very big at all - just a single floor of onshow displays over four rooms. But they do cram an awful lot in!

Oddly it wasn't my first priority! :D
    • Brum
      Possibly not that keen with the zoo a lot easier to access, I think I'd probably have to spend at least 2 days at the zoo if possible! :D

But you say there's a second floor, surely they could expand upwards and cram yet more exciting rarities in... ;)

Really? I'm shocked and stunned by that revelation! :rolleyes:
    • Maguari
      Thing is, I suspect at least part of that second floor is crammed with more exciting rarities! They have a lot of off-show of which we only saw a small part, I'd say.
    • Brum
      Now I'm even more intrigued! We need a man on the inside... :p
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Terarium Praha
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    16 Oct 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    280.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:26 09:21:47
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).