Join our zoo community
SharkFinatic

Giant Pacific Octopus 9-9-2018

Giant Pacific Octopus 9-9-2018
SharkFinatic, 27 Jan 2019
    • Arizona Docent
      @NVP I have never been to OdySea (even though I live two hours away). What is your impression of it?
    • SharkFinatic
      @Arizona Docent I think it's pretty good, if a little gaudy. The exhibits overall are about as good as you'd expect from an American aquarium. The collection is relatively diverse, with traditional aquarium favorites like penguins (African penguins, to be exact), jellyfish, octopi and sea turtles, and also some rarities like lemon sharks and spotted eagle rays (neither of which I believe are especially common in American aquariums). The OdySea Voyager exhibit was also really unique, as it's themed as a submarine ride that rotates between 4 different tanks (the first for various reef fish, the second for sea turtles, the third for seals and sea lions, and the fourth for sharks), but I could've done without the corny, kid-oriented narration and wished that the sea lion tank could've been bigger.
      Overall, while not my favorite of the aquariums I've been to, I would still recommend it. It is just getting started when it comes to conservation programs as it is still a relatively new facility, but it did recently become an AZA member, so I see great things for this aquarium in the future.
    • Arizona Docent
      Thanks for reply. I did not realize they have sea lions. Sad to hear it is small though. The one at nearby Wildlife World is not great either (and the so-called show is the worst I have seen at any zoo or aquarium).
    • SharkFinatic
      @Arizona Docent I don't know how you can screw up a sea lion show. How did they manage to get it so wrong?
    • birdsandbats
      @Arizona Docent I would be interested to know as well. What makes it so bad?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    OdySea Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    SharkFinatic
    Date:
    27 Jan 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3264px
    Height:
    2448px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 6
    Date / Time:
    2018:09:09 10:56:31
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    4.15 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).