Join our zoo community
carlos55

Giraffe, Cape Buffalo and White Rhino Zoologico Nacional

Giraffe, Cape Buffalo and White Rhino Zoologico Nacional
carlos55, 15 Mar 2015
iluvwhales likes this.
    • carlos55
      giraffe,cape buffalo and white rhino zoologico nacional - The rhinos and buffalo are from Namibia, i am not sure about the giraffes though.
    • DavidBrown
      This zoo looks like it has some nice enclosures. What was your overall impression of it, Carlos?

Is this the zoo where the elephants from Namibia ended up too?
    • carlos55
      Estimado David, most of the animals from Namibia are at the Zoologico Nacional. The african sabana is splendid, with the only major drawback that the driver never stops, so some animals are hard too photograph. I had never seen roan antelopes before but none of my pictures turned out clearly. The animals from Namibia seem to have good to excellent enclousures except the african leopards, which have already bred. The primate and feline enclousures are small cages. That is the worst part.
      I will write a review on the 3 havanna animal collections i visited, Zoologico nacional de Cuba, zoologico de havanna and Acuario nacional de Cuba when i have the time.
      iluvwhales likes this.
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks much for the review of the Havanna savanna. I look forward to your reviews of the zoos of Cuba.
    • Enzo
      Estimado Carlos, I believe the Grant's zebras and reticulated giraffes are from an import from East Africa. There is a video on YouTube about Havana's success with lions in a journalist states most African animals came from Namibia and Tanzania, as these two countries have good relations with the island of Cuba and, therefore, donated these magnificent beasts to the national zoo.
    • carlos55
      Gracias Enzo, it is very difficult to get recent information on Zoológico Nacional de Cuba.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoologico Nacional de Cuba
    Uploaded By:
    carlos55
    Date:
    15 Mar 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: