Join our zoo community
Gigit

Giraffe House sign, September 2022

Giraffe House sign, September 2022
Gigit, 26 Sep 2022
Benosaurus likes this.
    • TriUK
      I’m not sure I’ve heard the elephant & giraffe house labelled as large mammal house, but I guess it makes sense, if and when, other mammals join the giraffe? The wooden walkways and platforms around the site are being removed at a rate of knots and I wonder if they’ll convert the public walkway in there to ground level? I do wonder about monkey heights and croc swamp access, not to mention the education building if this trend continues.
      Gigit likes this.
    • Gigit
      A quick read of the sign can lead you to think ' oh good, it's being redeveloped' but then you realise they're only working on plans to develop it, so changes are probably a long way off. I believe the viewing area was falling apart. It would actually be a bonus if viewing was at ground level - there's nothing like seeing a giraffe close from the feet up. I was quite overcome when I first visited Chester's giraffe house and the bull was stamping his feet in front of me!

The perils of using a lot of wood in a wet area.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    26 Sep 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    515.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1642px
    Height:
    1095px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ1000
    Date / Time:
    2022:09:26 11:15:34
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    19.47 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).