Giraffes

Two Giraffes.

Giraffes
dragon(ele)nerd, 7 Feb 2009
Patrick Keegan likes this.
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      Two Giraffes.
    • torie
      its amazing how similar their house looks to the one at Taronga, both large rock cave things. do meloburnes giraffes lick the rock like Tarongas?
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      Yeah I know though we don't have a measuring thing like at Taronga to estimate how tall they are. No I personally have not seen the Giraffes lick any rocks.
    • torie
      yer i dint think they would, i have been told the Tarogna giraffes lick the rock to get the salt that comes with the sea breeze but was unsure if that was true. so i suppose that if melboure's dont that lends more credibitly to the salt theory!
    • dragon(ele)nerd
      neat salt lick, Giraffes at Taronga must be quite lucky. Free Salt lick without having to travel contary to like in the wild.
    • DavidBrown
      When did people decide that giraffes look good against fake rocks, and who were these people?
    • PAT
      @DavidBrown I wouldn't be surprised if this exhibit was inspired by Carl Hagenbeck's panoramas. It's now heritage listed but this is only a small part of the current exhibit which has been expanded several of times throughout the years.
      DavidBrown likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Melbourne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    dragon(ele)nerd
    Date:
    7 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    57.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    450px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).