Join our zoo community
Toddy

Givskud Zoo - Gorilla enclosure

The waterfall in the gorilla enclosure in Givskud Zoo, Denmark. On top of it stands Samson the breeding male. August 2007

Givskud Zoo - Gorilla enclosure
Toddy, 10 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      The waterfall in the gorilla enclosure in Givskud Zoo, Denmark. On top of it stands Samson the breeding male.
      August 2007
    • Dan
      Toddy! What about the discussion that constantly goes on here at ZooChat concerning gorilla enclosures? Are there to much open area and to less shelter at Givskud? There must be an enormous amount of hotwire "protecting" the bushes, as far as I can understand? I - for one -am totally aware about the fact that this enclosure is an enormous improvement from Copenhagen Zoo, where these gorillas were moved from. There, they had lived their lives in an indoors enclosure of - what size? 150 or 200 square meters? I watched the television series on Danish TV on their move with great pleasure! Nothing has touched me more than the pictures showing them "going outside". But still...

Could the exhibit be improved?
    • Toddy
      I would say that the gorilla could do with a few more trees, but it's not abig problem. Gorillas aren't natural climbers compared to the other great apes, and there are plenty of hotwire protected areas, creating visual barriers, so the gorillas can get away from the crowd.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Givskud Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    10 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    376.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1005px
    Height:
    754px
    Aperture:
    f/3.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    uD800,S800
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    10.31 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).