Join our zoo community
Toddy

Givskud Zoo - Gorilla enclosure

A view of the open part of the main gorilla enclosure in Givskud Zoo, Denmark. The exhibit is much larger than it appears here and have more foliage in the other areas. I would call this one of the best gorilla exhibits in Europe. August 2007

Givskud Zoo - Gorilla enclosure
Toddy, 8 Feb 2009
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Toddy
      A view of the open part of the main gorilla enclosure in Givskud Zoo, Denmark. The exhibit is much larger than it appears here and have more foliage in the other areas. I would call this one of the best gorilla exhibits in Europe.
      August 2007
    • snowleopard
      This looks like a paddock for hoofstock instead of a great ape exhibit, but being open-minded I'd still say that it is larger and probably better than many other gorilla enclosures around the world. The other photos in the gallery don't show much of a canopy or any climbing structures, which are integral parts of most ape habitats. However, I do love the fact that the zoo does not mow the grass!
    • Toddy
      That is exactly what you said when last I posted a picture of the open part of this enclosure:p So I will refer to my reply in that thread also.

I will agree with you that the exhibit could use a few improvements. Fortunately these could easily be made. But there are more trees and a few more climbing structures then my pictures show. When I last visited Givskud Zoo I simply didn't think about taking more exhibit photos, but I will be sure to do so when I next go there! (hopefully in 2009).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Givskud Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    8 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    418.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    uD800,S800
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).