Join our zoo community
David Matos Mendes

Goiânia zoo - ostrich exhibit

Goiânia zoo - ostrich exhibit
David Matos Mendes, 14 Sep 2020
    • Enzo
      What other species of flightless birds and ungulates did you see there? Did you see any waterbucks or mouflon?
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Enzo Yes, I've seen mouflons and waterbucks, besides a weird species of ox (probably some sort of nelore), some emus and jabiru storks (not a flightless bird nor ungulate, but was located in the same section of these previous species).
    • Enzo
      Do you have any pictures of the mouflon? I'd like to see them (nope, I've never seen mouflons). They and the siamangs are the main reasons why I want to visit the Goiânia zoo, as the only siamang I had the chance to see (in Lisbon) was a no-show.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Enzo Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the mouflons, only pics from the siamangs, wich I posted here in zoochat.
      There are two or more mouflon exhibits at Goiânia zoo, if I remember well, but I didn't photograph them at the end. The day of my visit was very busy, once there were many relatives of mine wanting to see different stuff so there were many interesting animals in there that I couldn't photograph, such as some nice bird in an immersive vivarium, albino tortoises, hoary foxes, etc...
      Really interesting that you've visited Lisbon zoo. I couldn't understand if you saw the siamang at the backstage or if you didn't see it because it was in the backstage. Besides this, what did you thought about the primate enclosures in there? I've heard diverging opinions about it.
    • Enzo
      Most of the primate exhibits are ok, but I didn't like the hamadryas baboon exhibit that much. The siamang was a no-show because he was up high in a platform which I couldn't see the upper part. The platform is held by a tall mast.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Goiânia Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    David Matos Mendes
    Date:
    14 Sep 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-WX100
    Date / Time:
    2018:01:28 09:52:53
    Exposure Time:
    1/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.45 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).