Golden Cat - 2nd May 2015

Golden Cat - 2nd May 2015
Snowy Owl, 5 May 2015
    • savethelephant
      Very nice indeed!
    • zootiger
      Lovely shot! Was the cat easy to see?
    • Snowy Owl
      She is easy to see, but not easy to photograph. One of the most frustrating cats I've tried to take a photo of.

I'm not sure if you have been to Exmoor or not? She has a fairly large enclosure with glass panels all round the outside bit. The problem is that the glass panels have been painted black with a few spy holes in and there is so much cover in the enclosure that it's pretty difficult to get in a decent position to photograph. There is also a male off show in an enclosure next to her.
    • Chlidonias
      that photo just makes me think of Shere Khan!
    • TeaLovingDave
      Just a shame it isn't the male on-show and the female off-show, as from my experience when they were at Edinburgh, he was always the more active and showy of the pair.
    • ro6ca66
      It is a lovely shot indeed! And, having visited Exmoor for the first time yesterday, I definitely concur about her being challenging to photograph!:)

She was certainly active enough when I visited, particularly later in the day; although she rarely, if at all, visited the most 'visible' parts of the enclosure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Exmoor Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Snowy Owl
    Date:
    5 May 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: