Join our zoo community
driftaguy

Golden Lion Tamarin Enclosure (Under Construction)

This is a building which has popped up in the island enclosure of The Tropics exhibit at Auckland Zoo. The enclosure will soon hold the Golden Lion Tamarins.

Golden Lion Tamarin Enclosure (Under Construction)
driftaguy, 3 Jun 2012
    • driftaguy
      This is a building which has popped up in the island enclosure of The Tropics exhibit at Auckland Zoo. The enclosure will soon hold the Golden Lion Tamarins.
    • Hix
      It looks like they may be replicating Wellington Zoos awful Emperor Tamarin/Pygmy Marmoset building. :(
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • PAT
      At least it's a more realistic representation of the tropics than the many temples that are scattered around zoos all over the world.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • Hix
      Ummm...I'm guessing you haven't seen Wellington's exhibit?
    • PAT
    • Chlidonias
      that was my first thought too when I saw the photo, but I'm hoping to be wrong....
    • zooboy28
      I don't know if this buidling will actually provide any viewing of the tamarins, except of a distant blur through small windows, as the main view will be from the boardwalk, which is on the opposite side of the pond to this building, with the island in the middle. Red corrugated iron is used at several points in the South American part of the zoo, so I suspect it was chosen to help tie the diffreent exhibits together.

I think the buildings position is a bit weird, as it currently backs on to a major visitor path, and I think it blocks most of the view of the tamarin island from this side.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • driftaguy
      I went to Auckland Zoo today. The construction on the enclosure seems to be finished and ready for the golden lion tamarins to move in, but they were still in the rainforest enclosure.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Auckland Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    driftaguy
    Date:
    3 Jun 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    355.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.7
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK C330 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
    Date / Time:
    2005:01:01 12:01:56
    Exposure Time:
    3269/1000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    5.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).