Join our zoo community
mhale

Gorilla at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, 13 February 2011

Gorilla at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, 13 February 2011
mhale, 14 Feb 2011
    • Baldur
      This is wonderful to see!

Some would rather see one of those rediculously expensive rainforest exhibits (which are undeniably more for visitors than apes) but I say that enrichment should take priority, even if it takes items that some would say rather belong in children's playgrounds!
    • reduakari
      Did he slide down? That would be fun to watch.
    • mhale
      No, he didn't! However, the day before, I did see one of the silverbacks at Howletts, Kouillou, run down the slide in his enclosure :D
    • Pertinax
      I've only rarely seen the mature silverbacks at Port Lympne ever use any of the outdoor equipment, apart from sitting underneath it. But several times I've seen a male use the similar slide in the enclosed(round) house section whizz sideways down the slide on all fours, as a quick way of coming down from the higher level.

At Howletts the young ones seem to use them quite frequently in their games, but the adults much less so.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Port Lympne Wild Animal Park
    Uploaded By:
    mhale
    Date:
    14 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    344.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S5800 S800
    Date / Time:
    2011:02:13 12:23:11
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    13.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).