Join our zoo community
Zebraduiker

Gorilla Exhibit

Gorilla Exhibit
Zebraduiker, 18 Jan 2009
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • snowleopard
      I really did not like this gorilla enclosure, as the indoor area was very dark and small and while the outdoor area is over an acre in size it is basically a large grassy field. The visitor sightlines weren't always the best, and I felt that the exhibit was lacking in enrichment opportunities.
    • zooman
      This zoo should not have gorillas. The indoor area is way to small! The painted walls are just a highlight of how bad it is! Spending many months indoors must feel like a prison. The viewing widows also look down onto the indoor area!
    • BlackRhino
      I was not impressed with this gorilla exhibit. In all honesty the Pittsburgh Zoo is the worst zoo I have ever been too. Nothing in the whole zoo was impressive except for the aquarium.
    • mstickmanp
      If the zoo would add some more trees and a big climbing structure then this exhibit could be great.
    • Zebraduiker
      The dry moat took a lot of space, and whats worse, its to dangerous for the gorillas.
    • snowleopard
      It is amusing at how one can read in a book (or online) about the gorillas here and their lush, one-acre habitat, when in fact it is a tremendously disappointing exhibit. The indoor area is nothing short of horrendous, just like almost every primate cage in this zoo's "tropical building".
    • PAT
      But they have a nice golf course outside to have a putt on. :)
    • mweb08
      The outdoor part of this exhibit is no worse than the LA one imo.

This zoo isn't that bad either imo, nothing great, but some pretty good exhibits and a decent collection.
    • bronxzoorocks
      The bronx zoo gorilla exhibit blows this one away.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Zebraduiker
    Date:
    18 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: