Bongo

Gorilla Exhibit

Home to a Silverback, female and a youngster

Gorilla Exhibit
Bongo, 12 Nov 2015
    • Bongo
      Home to a Silverback, female and a youngster
    • squirrelmonkey
      How much of the enclosure is shown is this photo? It seems to have quite a lot of climbing opportunities. Good use of space.
    • Bongo
      I would say that that is half of the enclosure. It also had running water and a pond as well as vegetation which allowed the Gorillas to hide away.
    • DavidBrown
      What was your impression of this zoo, Bongo? I got curious about it and looked it up. Some of the enclosures look pretty grim and some of them look okay. I would be interested in your review of it. Not many people here have visited Japanese zoos and your insights would be valued.

How was their elephant exhibit? In some photos it looks like a concrete horror show and in others it looks like they may have built a nice modern exhibit?
    • Bongo
      I will upload some more photos soon and will write a review. I was impressed by some things for example the Gorilla exhibit and disappointed by some.
    • Pertinax
      is this a covered/planted indoor enclosure, or a covered outdoor one?
    • Bongo
      Covered outdoors if I remember rightly
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kyoto Municipal Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Bongo
    Date:
    12 Nov 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    375.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1064px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D40
    Date / Time:
    2015:09:08 03:40:07
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).