snowleopard

Gorilla Forest Exhibit (New in 2013)

Aug. 2nd, 2014.

Gorilla Forest Exhibit (New in 2013)
snowleopard, 27 Aug 2014
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 2nd, 2014.
    • Falcosparverius
      The new gorilla exhibit is nice and spacious but could use more canopy cover, but then large mature trees that will not be destroyed by gorillas are expensive to purchase and move...
    • snowleopard
      I totally agree. On the other hand, it was quite a delight to see the two different groups in the two different outdoor exhibits. There are signs stating that it is the largest outdoor netted gorilla complex in North America but that is a very specific group of enclosures to be compared against because not that many gorilla exhibits are netted. There is a family troop and a bachelor group and I think that the two groups can be rotated through the pair of exhibits.
    • IanRRobinson
      What's the indoor setup like? From what I can glean about Saint Paul's climate the gorillas would be likely to spend some four months a year inside...
    • snowleopard
      You are correct about the climate and the indoor area was jammed with visitors when I was there and so I only uploaded the single photo. It seemed like a very basic, generic gorilla indoor area that is no different from many others.
    • joshgrossglaza
      Is this for the family group or the bachelor group?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Como Park Zoo and Conservatory
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    27 Aug 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    366 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2014:08:03 09:12:03
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).