Join our zoo community
beckiscott

Gorilla

Gorilla
beckiscott, 20 Apr 2009
felis silvestris likes this.
    • zooman
      Shame about the branding on the picture. Seems a long way from the spirit of zoochat.
    • mhale
      So, is this the new male at Blackpool? Do you have any information about him?
    • beckiscott
      yeah, i'm afraid the watermark is to discourage the few ignorant people who find images online and them use them without permission or credit. Ever since i overheard a school teacher telling her class google images was a online place to download free photos! I try to make sure the watermark doesnt interfer with the overall composition, and i wouldnt put it across the animals eyes. etc. I'm also not trying to plug my own site. I know you're a good bunch here at zoochat, but its more for the naughty few who use and abuse google! sorry.

Other than saying the 'big man' was outside with 2 smaller gorillas when we arrived, i dont know much about him. He was fed indoors on his own, although he did go upto the seperation bars and offer a carrot through to one of his neighbours! He moved quite freely around his enclosure, disappointingly there wasnt much interaction with the other 2 but he didn't seem to wary of the crowds at the glass (both indoor and out).

Interestingly, there was a 'animal in quarantine' sign on the door going into the gorilla house, but no other information.
    • gentle lemur
      He looks quite a handsome guy. I hope to get to see him soon.

I sympathise with your worries about your photos, but I take a different approach. I don't mind students using my photos, I reckon that counts as fair use - but then I'm a teacher :).
      On the other hand I don't want anyone making money out my work, so I only post small images on public sites like this. I put a copyright sign on the larger images on my Flickr page. In this case small means up to 800 x 600 pixels and larger means 1024 x 768 or more.

Alan
    • GillP
      That's a lovely picture. At 1st glimpse on the thumbnail, I thought it was a pencil drawing.

What a fabulous gorilla !
    • taun
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Blackpool Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    beckiscott
    Date:
    20 Apr 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: