Join our zoo community
ralph

Greater Grison

''De Paay'' has the only Greater grisons in European zoos. They have 1.1, the picture shows the male

Greater Grison
ralph, 24 Apr 2011
Newt likes this.
    • ralph
      ''De Paay'' has the only Greater grisons in European zoos. They have 1.1, the picture shows the male.
    • Maguari
      Wow - that's one beastie I'd love to see. Thanks for posting!
    • European Fauna
      It would be worth the travel just to see the grison.I am taking note.
    • Maguari
      Having now visited, I would say it's only worth the effort if you're a) passing nearby anyway and/or b) really keen on seeing the grisons.

We were both, and we did manage to see a grison, luckily!
    • European Fauna
      Lucky you! I hope you have photos of same which you will share here on Zoochat & of the enclosure.I look forward with interest.
    • Maguari
      I may just be able to rustle some up! :D
    • Shorts
      I look forward to these, we couldn't really get any good photos (though enough to confirm I'd seen it and a little video footage). Is it still in the same enclosure, "round the back"?
    • Maguari
      It was slap bang in the middle of one 'half' of the park - next to the Corsac Fox, binturong and coatis and more-or-less opposite the meerkats. Enclosure looked very new and I'd struggle to call it 'around the back' so I suspect it has moved!
    • Shorts
      I know where you mean, that's good, I was rather hoping the previous enclosure was only temporary. Sounds like you got a better view and it's in a better enclosure, yay! I look forward to sharing opinions on the place in due course:), although I suppose:

pretty much sums it up.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Uilen- en Dierenpark "de Paay"
    Uploaded By:
    ralph
    Date:
    24 Apr 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    69.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    480px
    Height:
    360px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    KONICA MINOLTA
    Model:
    DiMAGE Z3
    Date / Time:
    2004:01:01 00:00:01
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    26.125 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).