Join our zoo community
EquusGrevyi

Greater One Horned Rhinoceros 02/02/16

Asha, the female, pictured in the foreground out and about making use of the expansive paddock the rhino share with the Brown Antlered Deer and female Blackbuck. Beni, the male, is in the background and seems to be sealed away frequently when I have visited with Asha and her calf (unknown name and gender) in the outdoor enclosure.

Greater One Horned Rhinoceros 02/02/16
EquusGrevyi, 3 Aug 2016
    • EquusGrevyi
      Asha, the female, pictured in the foreground out and about making use of the expansive paddock the rhino share with the Brown Antlered Deer. Beni, the male, is in the background and seems to be sealed away frequently when I have visited with Asha and her calf (unknown name and gender) in the outdoor enclosure.
    • Swampy
      They no longer share their paddock with blackbuck; Chester does not hold the species anymore.
    • EquusGrevyi
      Oh that is a shame Swampy, but when thinking about it the last time I saw then was in January and there was no breeding male at that time. Thanks for the info!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    EquusGrevyi
    Date:
    3 Aug 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    201.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    901px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-HX400V
    Date / Time:
    2016:04:09 20:14:15
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    215 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).