Join our zoo community
Giant Eland

Grevy's zebra (Equus grevyi)

Aledeghi Wildlife Reserve: Dec, 2019

Grevy's zebra (Equus grevyi)
Giant Eland, 10 Jul 2020
    • Arizona Docent
      Awesome. I wonder if you are the first ZooChatter to see a Grevy's zebra in the wild?
      Giant Eland likes this.
    • Giant Eland
      Not sure- I know at least @Maguari @lintworm and @cockroach have all posted photos from Ethiopia.

It was fun to have a target that I've already seen in zoos so a little less pressure on the wild-only lifer list.
    • lintworm
      @Arizona Docent I have seen Grevy Zebra both in Ethiopia and in Kenya. They are much less shy in Kenya and there is a series of pictures of them in the Kenya Wildlife gallery.
    • Giant Eland
      Ahh well done @lintworm ! They certainly were shy in Ethiopia! Along with the Gerenuk they were the two species that kept the most distance from me on the entire trip.
    • lintworm
      @Giant Eland The Aledeghi Wildlife Reserve is only protected on paper really, though it has recently been upgraded to national parkm This means loads of pastoralists also actively grazing their livestock there and there has been a lot of conflict between tribes in recent years. That means a lot of guns are around and wouldn't be surprised if poaching takes place... The only poached animal I saw was a Dikdik though...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Ethiopia - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Giant Eland
    Date:
    10 Jul 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3463px
    Height:
    2311px
    Aperture:
    f/10.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 60D
    Date / Time:
    2019:12:02 12:37:40
    Exposure Time:
    1/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    400 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).