Join our zoo community
Mr Wrinkly

Grevy's Zebra

Tori is now 6+ weeks overdue. You can see that the foal is moving around.

Grevy's Zebra
Mr Wrinkly, 8 Jul 2016
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Tori is now 6+ weeks overdue. You can see that the foal is moving around.
    • TZFan
      Well it seems like their guess on the due date was well off then. That's pretty overdue. Hopefully it will arrive shortly. Might be good if it was a colt so Luke can have zebra company in about a years time and so Jake can be on display again with the girls once Leia leaves for San Diego.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Thru word-of-mouth I have heard that Tori gave birth to a female two days ago and both are fine.

Last week I was in the rhino barn and Jake was in the other wing from the rhinos. He has been going on the exhibit alone from late afternoon until morning, waiting for Tori to give birth so he then could be with Lori-Ann to breed, hopefully (because she is older and has never bred).

Youngsters: Leia is waiting to be transferred to San Diego, and Luke is waiting in the off-exhibit holdings for a plan for him.

I watched the three females on exhibit for some time when they were due to go in and Big Mama Tori was clearly the boss - they were all at the gate but she kept bumping and shaking her head at the other two, making them stand back so she was first.
    • TZFan
      Glad to hear the baby is well. I was a little worried with it getting so late. And another girl is fantastic. They could swap Jake and keep her for breeding down the line.

Luke isn't going anywhere any time soon. He has no rec and its a new ssp so it wont be happening any time soon unless Shaka in Edmonton were to pass. That's the only place in Canada he could move to with other Grevy's. He will be needed really bad to go to the US but I don't think that will be happening any time soon for him.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Wrinkly
    Date:
    8 Jul 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count: