Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Grizzly Bear Exhibit (labeled as Syrian Bear)

July 16th, 2018.

Grizzly Bear Exhibit (labeled as Syrian Bear)
snowleopard, 18 Jul 2018
    • Brum
      This zoo appears to be a zoo of extreme contrasts. The aviaries, bobcat and otter enclosures look pretty unappealing, and in the case of the aviary row they seem pretty unacceptable. The bear, puma and lion enclosures look far more roomy and modern. Very interesting to see the difference and good to see improvements being made.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • snowleopard
      @Brum You are 100% correct. The lion, tiger, wolf and bear exhibits are all more than adequate for their inhabitants but some of the smaller animals are in totally substandard exhibits. Also, I wonder if GarLyn Zoo is unique? Is there another zoo on the planet with these 4 species: Spotted Hyena, Common Genet, Bonnet Macaque and New Guinea Singing Dog?
      Brum likes this.
    • Brum
      @snowleopard Bonnet macaque and NG singing dog are both quite unusual nowadays, but genets aren't uncommon over here... ;) I'm more intrigued by these "Syrian" brown bears, why are they labelled as such when even their own website calls them grizzlies?
    • snowleopard
      @Brum Their website lists the animals as Syrian Brown Bear but then has 'Grizzly' in brackets. The sign on the enclosure says 'Syrian Bear' and I do know that one of the bears had fairly light fur and so perhaps there is some truth to it all...puzzling for sure!
      Brum likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Garlyn Zoo Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    18 Jul 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS
    Date / Time:
    2018:07:15 21:01:21
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).