Join our zoo community
Toddy

Gron Verden - Flamingoes

The two lesser flamingoes in their small pond in the tropical zoo Gron Verden, Denmark (Gron Verden means green world). Not exactly a prime flamingo habitat in an otherwise nice rainforest. February 2007

Gron Verden - Flamingoes
Toddy, 14 Dec 2008
    • Toddy
      The two lesser flamingoes in their small pond in the tropical zoo Gron Verden, Denmark (Gron Verden means green world). Not exactly a prime flamingo habitat in an otherwise nice rainforest.
      February 2007
    • Jana
      I have to say its the worst flamingo exhibit I´ve ever seen, even compared to those in Eastern Europe. If they haven´t got the space/funds to rebuild it and to substantly enlarge the flock, they should send thier birds elsewhere. Groups of less then 10 birds can be seen from my point of view as cruelty. EAZA TAG current recommendation is to hold at least 20, less is considered insufficient for wellbeing reasons.
    • PAT
      Could you imagine a substantial group of flamingoes squashed into that tiny pool. I think that they would be better off without any.
    • FBBird
      Gron Verden -- Flamingos

Scarlet Ibis could do this job, and be fine as a single pair without the welfare issues.
    • Hvedekorn
      Sadly, the zoo has closed so there won't be any scarlet ibises there.
    • toucanwalk
      But were have the flamingos gone such a sad site similar to one kept in the UK on her own now for 8 years!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Grøn Verden Zoo (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    14 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    400.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    uD800,S800
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).