snowleopard

Grouse Mountain Map

Aug. 22nd, 2007.

Grouse Mountain Map
snowleopard, 27 Mar 2011
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 22nd, 2007.
    • zooboy28
      Can you describe Grouse Mountain a bit snowleopard? Does it mostly exist because of the view, and has a few other attractions attached for tourists? Animal-wise, what is up there?
    • snowleopard
      In winter it is enormously popular, with snowshoeing, skiing, ice skating, sleigh rides, ziplines, skyride, etc, but since I'm not a cold-weather individual I tend to avoid mountains at that time of year.:) In southern British Columbia we usually only have 3-4 days of snow the entire year, which shocks folks who know that I live in Canada, but fans of frigid temperatures often travel to the local peaks during ski season.

In summer there is a lumberjack show that is incredibly entertaining, a raptor flight presentation, the zipline, skyride, etc, and the legendary "Grouse Grind" which is essentially a 3 km hike directly up the mountain. Every year over 150,000 people take the trek and scramble up to the top and I did it once several years ago. There are a couple of grizzlies in a multi-acre habitat that is very impressive, and some wolves in a forested, chain-link enclosure at the base of the hill and right near the parking lot. Grouse Mountain is expensive as it is $40 to take the gondola ride to the top, and many of the extras once you get there require additional payments. I've only been twice ever, both times in the peak of summer, and it was cool seeing the bears, wolves, a couple of shows and having the afternoon to enjoy the view. One of my cousins visited from Canberra, Australia, and while he was up there he saw a wild black bear so there can be unexpected bonuses!

https://www.grousemountain.com/#winter-activities
    • zooboy28
      Thanks for the info snowleopard. Is the view fairly spectacular?
    • snowleopard
    • zooboy28
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Grouse Mountain Wildlife Refuge
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    27 Mar 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    406.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX L1
    Date / Time:
    2007:08:22 03:13:47
    Exposure Time:
    10/1918 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    9.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).