Join our zoo community
lintworm

Guanaco

Pali Aike National Park

Guanaco
lintworm, 1 Feb 2018
iluvwhales, Neil chace, CMP and 6 others like this.
    • TZDugong
      I visited this National Park last year and it was one of my favourite places that I’ve been to. I have a few questions about the national park.

How long were you there for?

How did you get there?

What were the mammals you saw( I saw your bird list and I could probably say that I recognized about 5 that you saw)?

Finally, did you only visit the animal areas of the park? I spent 4 days there and my favourite part was seeing the glaciers and the ginormous mountains. Well that or seeing a wild Puma 20 feet away:)
    • lintworm
      @TZDugong I guess you are referring to Torres del Paine and not to Pali Aike where this picture was taken, as Pali Aike doesn't have mountains and glaciers ;)

In Torres del Paine we "only" did the O-trek, so we did 8 days of hiking around the Torres massif and we did not see any other parts of the park, but we had fantastic glacier views and mountain views as well. We did not spend any time really in the areas where puma are regularly seen and the only guanaco we saw in the park were seen from the bus close to Laguna Amarga. In terms of mammal we did not see a lot, except many European hares, one habituated Culpeo and a Southern huemul on the slopes close to the refugio Chileno (though hundreds of tourists passed here, I doubt anyone else saw the deer....). We did see grey foxes, skunks and armadillo in other parts of Patagonia, but not in the park ;).
      iluvwhales likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chile - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    lintworm
    Date:
    1 Feb 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    147.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7200
    Date / Time:
    2017:12:25 02:53:59
    Exposure Time:
    10/10000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1000
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).