Join our zoo community
Anubis

Guide Map for Seoul Zoo

Guide Map for Seoul Zoo
Anubis, 3 Nov 2011
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks for posting a map of a zoo most of us don't know anything about.

The pictures in the Seoul Zoo gallery show Asian elephants, but the map seems to show an African elephant. Are there African elephants at the Seoul Zoo, or is the map inaccurate? Also, are the elephants, rhinos, and Watusi cattle really all together in the same exhibit as the map seems to show?
    • Anubis
      Sorry. I can't speak English very well :-(
      Last african elephant is dead, three years ago.
      so now Seoul zoo elephant is asian only.
    • DavidBrown
      Thank you Anubis.

Your English is fine. None of us speak Korean, so your effort is appreciated.
    • gerenuk
      It appears that the map is just listing animals found in the each of the buildings. So the elephants, rhinos, and Watusi are located in the large herbivores pavilion.
    • DavidBrown
      As I look more closely at the map I think that you are right as it also shows cheetah and sable in the same enclosure!
    • Maguari
      Fascinating map - thanks for posting.

Someone really ought to point out to them that kangaroos don't come from Austria though...
    • Anubis
      Seoul zoo map.

Large Herbivores Pavilion
    • KCZooFan
      Interesting how most of the exhibits are called "Pavilions." Is that a cultural thing?

North Korean Animals Pavillion? - What might be kept in there?
    • Maguari
      Czech zoos also commonly use 'pavilion' for animal houses. I like it. In particular the 'Gharial Pavilion' at Prague. :)
    • gerenuk
      I believe Toronto is the same way.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Seoul Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Anubis
    Date:
    3 Nov 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    329 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1000px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).