Join our zoo community
Hix

Guidebook, 1981

Guidebook, 1981
Hix, 17 Feb 2014
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • Pertinax
      I think these two Gorillas would be female 'Zaire' and her half brother 'Tatu' (the smaller one).
    • IanRRobinson
      The animal on the right certainly looks like Zaire. Even by gorilla standards, she has always had a rather mournful expression. Possibly not without reason! It occurs to me that she is now within striking distance of breaking Guy's ZSL record for the longest time spent by a gorilla within its collections. He lived at London 1947-1978; she arrived there in 1984.
    • Pertinax
      I think from the dates it must be those two. Tatu ended up 'behind bars' in a regulation cage:( for many years at Oklahoma in the USA.

Zaire hasn't had much of a life really after the initial breeding in the 1980's. I often think she might have been better off moving to Bristol with silverback 'Jock' when he was sent there, as these two were obviously compatable and I think she might have bred again with him, given a bit more time. But no, they had to keep her.:(
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    17 Feb 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    571.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1049px
    Height:
    1600px
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    MP480 series

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).