Join our zoo community
ThylacineAlive

Guinea Baboon Cage

Guinea Baboon Cage
ThylacineAlive, 26 Aug 2018
    • ThylacineAlive
      Hyena Trail: Guinea Baboon cage. August 25, 2018. Two animals live in this crappy cage. One of the worst enclosures in the zoo.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • snowleopard
      This ugly monstrosity is probably twice the size of some of the baboon cages that I've seen at zoos in Wisconsin (Special Memories Zoo), Arkansas (Wild Wilderness Drive-Through Safari) and Michigan (DeYoung Family Zoo). Baboons at privately-run zoological facilities in the U.S. are often in substandard enclosures.
    • ThylacineAlive
      @snowleopard Yeah I've noticed that. Primates in general seem to get jibbed, same with large carnivores. I read somewhere that this zoo was once voted the 4th worst in the country (no idea how that was determined) and found a lot of older pictures of even worse conditions. I decided to visit due to the bears and because I was curious to see if this place had improved at all over the years since it seems no one's visited it. I was pleased to see a good number of the enclosures were at least adequate for their inhabitants, and this is definitely far from the worst zoo around (possibly the worst I've been to, though Lupa likely takes that spot), but clearly it has a long way to go.

~Thylo
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Space Farms Zoo and Museum
    Uploaded By:
    ThylacineAlive
    Date:
    26 Aug 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    707.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1620px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).