Join our zoo community
ZooNerd1234

Habitat Africa, The Forest Building - Jun. 2021

Habitat Africa, The Forest Building - Jun. 2021
ZooNerd1234, 13 Jun 2021
    • Mr Gharial
      Looks like a really nice exhibit, what animals are held in here?
      ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • ZooNerd1234
      @Mr Gharial This is just the main path of the building. The exhibit to the left in the photo had a Yellow Backed Duiker, and I've seen a Red Billed Hornbill along with it. Although this building also houses a Dwarf Crocodile, Giant Elephant Shrew, along with multiple small terrariums, and a indoor Okapi space.
      Mr Gharial likes this.
    • red river hog
      @Mr Gharial They also just recently had Tree Pangolins on exhibit, but they went off exhibit and their exhibit will have an African Rock Python.
      ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • Mr Gharial
      @red river hog I know, such a shame that they've been taken off exhibit. They're such magnificent animals and my second favourite pangolin species!
    • pachyderm pro
      Minor correction but the exhibit pictured has red-flanked duikers during the winter. Yellow-backed duikers are outside the building.
    • pachyderm pro
      @Micah Satvedi This exhibit is way too small for a yellow-backed duiker. It used to seasonally hold royal antelope, but that animal passed away a few years ago. Other than that red-flanked duikers have always occupied the space whenever they are indoors, along side a pair of red-billed hornbills.

Even without the pangolins, this building is one of the highlights of the zoo for me, as I can appreciate the focus on rather unknown, niche species.
      9030 and ZooNerd1234 like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    ZooNerd1234
    Date:
    13 Jun 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4896px
    Height:
    3672px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DC-FZ80
    Date / Time:
    2021:06:13 10:33:58
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    3.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).