Join our zoo community
toto98

Hacinated lion

Hacinated lion
toto98, 29 Nov 2013
    • Kakapo
      Argh, it's hurting to see this. Good to know that this zoo was closed!
    • toto98
      I wouldn´t even call that a zoo
    • Hix
      What does Hacinated mean?
    • toto98
      I am not completely sure of its existence in english but it means that the place is overcrowded and it has small space, and are in terrible conditions. Just like the tortoises picture.
    • carlos77
      Toto is correct, the spanish word hacinamiento means overcrowed in English.
      By the way, was this placed closed by colombian enviromental authorities ?
    • zooboy28
      If it was closed, how did you visit?
    • toto98
      Carlos, you are correct, it was closed by the colombian authorities, and actually I never entered to the actual place, just passed by several times.

Zooboy28, The pictures were not taken by me, but by the environmental authorities, obviously asking for permission. Actually the place was closed sometime throughout this week, but most animals are still living there while a safer and nicer home is being found.
      ps. the pictures were taken on the day of the raid.
    • zooboy28
      Thanks for the info toto, would be great to learn where the animals are sent too.
    • toto98
      Zooboy, of what I have heard is that the healthy turtles are going to be released (as they dont really get used to humans), the rest of the animals (Monkeys, buffalo, Big cats and birds) are going to be distributed amongst the colombian zoos.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Refugio Villa Lorena (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    toto98
    Date:
    29 Nov 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    340.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.4
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 4S
    Date / Time:
    2013:11:28 11:18:46
    Exposure Time:
    1/93 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.28 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).