Join our zoo community
Zia

Hairy Nosed Wombat "Deacon" - May 2019

Hairy Nosed Wombat "Deacon" - May 2019
Zia, 9 Jun 2019
    • TeaLovingDave
      Really nice shot :) just a damn shame that they are in a collection which a) is a bugger to reach b) is bloody expensive to visit and c) is unfeasible to visit if you don't have a car!
    • Zia
      Thank you :) It is a shame but to be fair I was suprised how much cheaper it is to buy a ticket online in advance.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Even in advance it's still 30 quid :p
    • sooty mangabey
      @TeaLovingDave While £30 certainly isn’t cheap, I do think Longleat represents relative value for money. It really is a full day out: the drive-through bit, obviously; the more typical zoo area (including Australian animals); the house and its attachments; more “amusement“ areas than you could shake a stick at. There are plenty of opportunities to be parted with more cash – buying fish to feed to the sea lions, or nectar to feed to the lorikeets – but I think I’m right in saying that pretty much everything is included in the entrance price. I’m not really so bothered by playgrounds and suchlike, but, for the average punter, Longleat well happily fill a full day.

Take somewhere like Hemsley Conservation Centre in comparison. It’s only £8 to get in, but I think you would be doing really well to squeeze more than an hour and a half out of the visitors. At pounds per minute, Longleat is good value in comparison.

Of course, if you haven’t got a car, this discussion is academic anyway!
    • Terry Thomas
      Another good photo.
      Zia likes this.
    • Zia
      I agree re the price - safari parks are not my favourite but there is a lot to do at Longleat with the boat ride / safari / walk through / classic 'zoo' area / train ride / play areas / house and so on. I can happily spend 2 hours waiting for an unusual animal to make an appearance at a tiny park (such as waiting for Klaus the Brazilian porcupine to wake up at Hemsley) but your average visitor is going to find Longleat a more 'value for money' day out than that.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Longleat Safari & Adventure Park
    Uploaded By:
    Zia
    Date:
    9 Jun 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1679px
    Height:
    1343px
    Aperture:
    f/4.8
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7000
    Date / Time:
    2019:05:12 10:29:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    122 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).