Join our zoo community
pachyderm pro

Hamill Family Nature Plaza - Overview

Hamill Family Nature Plaza - Overview
pachyderm pro, 15 Oct 2019
ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • birdsandbats
      Looks like the grass on the left might be one of the native bluestem species!
    • ZooNerd1234
      Saw this during my more recent visit, I was really looking forward to this place becoming something "special". I don't know if it's just me but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe the Zoo doesn't have much funding towards new exhibits.
    • pachyderm pro
      @Micah Satvedi I don't find it hard to believe at all. The zoo is situated on a massive site with buildings that are approaching 100 years old that require intense maintenance to keep in half decent condition. The place is so old that the society requested roughly 100 million from the state a year or two ago for repairs (they received no funding). Combine those two factors with a recent decrease in attendance and competition against the free and much more popular Lincoln Park Zoo, and it's clear to see how Brookfield is in an unfortunate position right now.
      ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • ZooNerd1234
      Though I have seen many interesting "schemes" for an improved zoo on this site, and I personally believe that Lincoln park is gaining the slight edge. As much as I love my hometown zoo, I think that if something isn't done soon it might be "to late"
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    pachyderm pro
    Date:
    15 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    10 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/11.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS Rebel T6
    Date / Time:
    2000:01:01 00:00:05
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).