Join our zoo community
Maguari

Himalaya entrance complex at Twycross 03/05/10

The themed food kiosks - I had a Nepalese lamb dish from the Dhaba Shak kiosk, which by zoo food standards was very nice. (had to get wristbanded to get it, though, as the restaurant is technically outside the zoo!)

Himalaya entrance complex at Twycross 03/05/10
Maguari, 3 May 2010
    • Maguari
      The themed food kiosks - I had a Nepalese lamb dish from the Dhaba Shak kiosk, which by zoo food standards was very nice.

(had to get wristbanded to get it, though, as the restaurant is technically outside the zoo!)
    • Pertinax
      They could have a 'bushmeat' kiosk perhaps? :D
    • Bele
      That is far more interesting than my previous memory of Twycross catering !
    • Pertinax
      yes. But I was surprised to discover the infamous little 'chippy' cafeteria is still operating just behind this new building. Whether it will stay or be phased out later I don't know.
    • Maguari
      I think it was all hands on deck with the catering today - every food outlet in the whole place was open - there were even long queues in the frankly ghastly Gorilla Outpost cafe.
    • Pertinax
      I've just realised it's a Bank Holiday Monday. It must have been heaving...
    • Maguari
      Was busy but not uncomfortably so - though the houses were all jammed. We went for food bang on noon, which turned out to be good idea as we had our pick of tables but by the time we'd done two shifts of going for food every table in the place was full (not helped by a sudden hailstorm!).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Twycross Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    3 May 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: