Join our zoo community
MARK

Hippo beach @ Auckland zoo

Hippo beach @ Auckland zoo, I liked the lay out of this exhibit, well done.

Hippo beach @ Auckland zoo
MARK, 3 Jan 2007
    • MARK
      Hippo beach @ Auckland zoo, I liked the lay out of this exhibit, well done.
    • NZ Jeremy
      It is the best Hippo exhibit I've seen, bar none..! (May be a bit biased though,,!)
    • snowleopard
      I'm assuming that there is no underwater viewing? It's tough to top that in hippo exhibits...
    • NZ Jeremy
      No unfortunately, they instead designed the exhibit so the water appears to come right to your waist and extend out from there, it's a neat effect...
    • ZooLeopard
      love this enclosure. Do they still have fudge, snorkel and the other one whos name escapes me!
    • PAT
      Have you ever seen werribee's? It looks like the same style but bigger, has more hippos and has a large grazing area. :)
    • Jalur_Tiger_Cub
      Auckland currently has 3 hippos. In this enclosure is Fudge and his mother Faith. I think Fudge is castrated. Poor Snorkel lives in her own enclosure not to far from this one due to her not getting along with the others.

I love this enclosure to. It pretty cool to see the ducks swim round in there along with the hippos as well though the young ducklings do tend to fall down the "overflow" bit.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Auckland Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    MARK
    Date:
    3 Jan 2007
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    86.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    439px
    Height:
    288px
    Date / Time:

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).