Hippopotamus
aim_foliksta, 4 Jan 2009
JigerofLemuria likes this.
    • aim_foliksta
      A very outdated exhibit....
    • snowleopard
      Is this enclosure as old as the zoo?
    • aim_foliksta
      I'm not sure but it's possible.... or at least it was build after the spanish civil war (Barcelona was bombarded many times (1938) and the zoo was affected, so it's possible that this enclosure was build after the civil war). If not, this enclosure is 117 years old.
    • Hix
      That fence doesn't look like it would stop people from getting too close.
    • Maguari
      I get very conflicted about Barcelona Zoo. There's a lot there that really isn't very good (the hippo, rhino and elephant exhibits in particular were pretty ropey-looking when I was last there in 2005, and the orang-utan exhibit is one of the worst I've seen - though there are plenty of good exhibits too).

But I've been three times now and I can't help but really like the place - something in the atmosphere.
    • aim_foliksta
      Since some weeks ago, there's a sign announcing that the hippo enclosure is under renovation, but there's no any renovation... I think that they are waiting to finish the Komodo dragon exhibit to start the construction of the new hippo exhibit (they said that with underwater viewing)
    • JigerofLemuria
      New komodo dragon enclosure; underwater vision!
      New hippo enclosure: ... NOT!
    • aim_foliksta
      What a waste of underwater vision, they never use the pool! I think I only saw they using it once!
    • JigerofLemuria
      You mean the dragons, right? I kinda agree... It kinda makes sense, though, because the path goes down to the burrows on the male's side, and down to the cinema on the female's side.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Barcelona
    Uploaded By:
    aim_foliksta
    Date:
    4 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    422.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    768px
    Aperture:
    f/3.8
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-500
    Date / Time:
    2009:01:04 12:57:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).