foz

Horses at Landmannalaugauer

I hope that's spelt right!

Horses at Landmannalaugauer
foz, 28 Aug 2010
    • foz
      I hope that\'s spelt right!
    • Baldur
      Almost :D It's 'Landmannalaugar' but good on ya for trying! ;)
    • foz
      So long as you don't ask me to pronounce it I'm fine :D

thank you
    • Baldur
      'Landmannalaugar' is kiddie stuff, how about... say, 'Eyjafjallajökull' :D Have you ever come across that word before? :rolleyes:
    • Hix
      Eyjafjallajökull - wasn't that the volcano that doesn't like airplanes?
    • Baldur
      It sure was :p

In fact, I was doing the night shift in a hotel I was working in at the time. Once in the dead of night I picked up the phone, only to hear the one talking on the other end saying to me first that he was sitting in a pub in Sydney, Australia before saying 'how the hell do you pronounce the name of that bloody volcano of yours mate!?"

It goes without saying that I was more than pleased to help him out ... even if it took a few attempts! :D
    • Pygathrix
      For those still wondering how to say it (including me):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jq-sMZtSww]YouTube - Eyjafjallajökull - You're doing it wrong![/ame]

Sounds harder than Russian, and listening to Sigur Rós doesn't help much either
    • foz
      I can actually say that one! (well after consulting various locals, so I am know at the point I 'think' i can pronounce it..though probably can't :D )
      Ive got a picture of the Eyjafjallajökull still steaming (I was there just after the eruption), i'll find it and put it up :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Iceland - Other
    Uploaded By:
    foz
    Date:
    28 Aug 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: