Join our zoo community
devilfish

Huge elephant & ungulate enclosure, June 2013.

Photo taken on the 14th June 2013.

Huge elephant & ungulate enclosure, June 2013.
devilfish, 18 Aug 2013
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • devilfish
      Photo taken on the 14th June 2013.
    • DavidBrown
      This is the only mixed species Asian elephant exhibit that I have ever heard of. Are those water buffalo in there and what is the species on the far left?
    • reduakari
      Phoenix used to have blackbuck with elephants....no longer.

Of course the San Diego Safari Park elephants (both species when they were there) were occasionally "joined" by local mule deer looking for scraps.
    • DavidBrown
      True! I did see that happen.
    • Jackwow
      I'm assuming this is the same as Khao Kheow Open Zoo?
    • devilfish
      Yes they're water buffalo (an albino is just about visible in the pool). On the left is a hog deer. There are also axis deer here, and I think the elephants are able to walk around the back of the trees, but I don't know how far beyond that the enclosure extends.
    • devilfish
      Yes :)
      Have you made it over there yet?
    • Jackwow
      Not yet, must try harder! How did you get there as travel agent just quoted me Baht 3500 (£80) for a car to take me there from Bangkok, wait for me and take me back. Bit steep when it only costs Baht 100 (£2.50) to get into the zoo!!
    • devilfish
      I'd suggest getting a minibus/bus to Chonburi or Sri Racha and making your own way from there. Given that you could spend an entire day in the aviary, it's probably worth arranging a night's accommodation nearby.

I thought it was around 300 baht to get into the zoo? The exchange rate seems to have gone down too ;).
      I made my way by minibus from Pattaya in the morning, I got a motorbike taxi to Bangsaen aquarium, then I got another motorbike (with a disorientated driver) for the ~30km to the zoo. On the way back my only option was an overpriced taxi from the zoo to Sri Racha bus station.
    • loxodontaafrica
      Dublin Zoo houses it's herd of Asian elephants with a group of blackbuck!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Khao Kheow Forest & Wildlife Reserve Park
    Uploaded By:
    devilfish
    Date:
    18 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    347.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ20
    Date / Time:
    2013:06:14 16:35:25
    Exposure Time:
    10/2500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).