Join our zoo community
Lynne

Iberian Wolf

Iberian Wolf
Lynne, 4 Jun 2012
    • Pertinax
      Great shot! Was this in their indoor or outdoor enclosure, and did they show themselves well or seem very nervous as they are in some other places?
    • IanRRobinson
      Excellent shot. Hard to believe that this is a representative of the same species as the big Canadian Timber or the Arctic Wolves.
    • Lynne
      Thankyou, this is in the outdoor area, they have been out since Saturday. When I went it was about 12.30 and they were all asleep. As any animal I usually wait for movement. This is not the full picture, I only wanted to see the burning eyes with the sun on them. They dont appear to be nervous as they can go inside when they want, as it was a very warm day they stayed outside. I,ll put another shot on so you can see their hide.
    • Arizona Docent
      Almost looks like a coyote.
    • Pertinax
      I don't think they are that much bigger, but are more the classic wolf's shape. Very distinctive brownish colouration to the fur, with the white markings on the muzzle.
    • IanRRobinson
      Are any of the North American forms that dark?
    • Pertinax
      I've always thought there are similarities between the(Southern) Red Wolf and the Spanish wolf. Both have the same dark markings on the forelegs for example. Are such similarities due to climatic/ latitudinal reasons perhaps?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Blackpool Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Lynne
    Date:
    4 Jun 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    271.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1280px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D3X
    Date / Time:
    2012:06:04 12:13:53
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    550 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).