Join our zoo community
Thatzookeeperguy

Id help

Pic taken in 2017

Id help
Thatzookeeperguy, 23 Jan 2019
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Not sure, I'm not good with turtles, but looks like a young Chinese striped-necked turtle, Ocadia sinensis?
    • lintworm
      Mauremys sinensis seems correct to me as well. @Kakapo Interestingly you here split a genus that most people lump...
    • Kakapo
      I'm, of course, aware of both opinions since many time ago. I just knew the species as Ocadia sinensis for first time when everybody in the world considered in this way, and it just look too different to remaining Mauremys for me as for lumping it with Mauremys. As usual in lumpings, it looks like not so outrageous as the splittings in many taxonomic changes, but I still will use the prevalent opinion of Ocadia unless I find something that convince me to change it to the new opinion.
    • lintworm
      @Kakapo The reason for lumping was that this species is genetically nested within Mauremys, which means that either Mauremys needs to be split in Ocadia, Mauremys and other genera, or all species are lumped in Mauremys. The latter course is followed by most scientists and institutions now, including IUCN...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Berlin Tierpark
    Uploaded By:
    Thatzookeeperguy
    Date:
    23 Jan 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    312.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1365px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).