Img 13772

White Rhino

Img 13772
Ajkwba, 12 Feb 2010
German Zoo World likes this.
    • Ajkwba
      White Rhino
    • Arizona Docent
      Well that is certainly a unique view - rhinos in front of a castle (or manor house or whatever you call it).
    • Maguari
      Manor House, in this case. :)

It's a great view (one of my favourites in a British zoo) - the Chapman's Zebras share this large paddock as well (and, historically, various other species - ostrich, waterbuck and Thomson's Gazelles among others).
    • Zambar
      One of the things I love about Cotswold is that the estate blends in so well with the animals: Bats and Reptiles in the Stables, Small Mammals and Birds in the walled garden, etc. But this has to be the perfect capture of it, especially with the ha-ha making them seem like they're roaming free. I seem to have a soft spot for this sort of layout, subsequentley Marwell, Port Lympne and Longleat seem to be high on my list ha.
    • Maguari
      Agree entirely - this is a reasonably pretentious thing to say but Cotswold has a great 'sense of place' - the architecture is very much 'rural English' and mostly using the local Cotswold stone so it really does feel like the Cotswold Wildlife Park - not just a wildlife park that happens to be in the Cotswolds. It just has a wonderful atmosphere.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Ajkwba
    Date:
    12 Feb 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: