Join our zoo community
mark77

IMGP0535

IMGP0535
mark77, 10 Apr 2009
    • snowleopard
      There are loads of photos of the Bronx Zoo's Jungleworld in the ZooChat gallery, and having visited the zoo last summer I still admit that the tree kangaroo exhibit is sadly lacking in both size and enrichment opportunities.
    • Ituri
      Not to mention, the fact that they don't live in Asian scrub forests... ;)
    • Zebraduiker
      And this is the trouble with most of the big Tropical Jungles halls, only indoor exhibits, good looking for visitors, but mostly to small for the animals with to less enrichment.

Good examples for more such bad houses are Cleveland and Tropical world(=Tragedy)World Brookfield. I will visit the Bronx-Zoo at the Beginning of June, but I have no high hopes in the Jungle World...By the way, most of the Jungles Houses in germany are not better, so cologne or stuttgart for examples, and Leipzig is doing the same mistake like most of the us-zoos, keeping bigger mammals only indoors.
    • tigertiger
      I think that--unless you're a black leopard--Jungleworld has plenty of size for the animals and--unless you're a tapir--plenty of enrichment.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bronx Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    mark77
    Date:
    10 Apr 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: