Join our zoo community
Maguari

Inca Tern (Larosterna inca) at Living Coasts

Inca Tern (Larosterna inca) at Living Coasts
Maguari, 7 May 2008
    • EvilKittie
      Love this photo of an equally amazing bird!
    • Chlidonias
      that is a really nice photo

would it be churlish of me to mention the spelling mistake? ;)
    • Maguari
      Thanks both!

Not at all - when I got the notification of EvilKittie's post I thought 'trust it to be one where I stuffed up the scientific name...' :rolleyes:

For the record, the Inca Tern is, of course, Larosterna inca.
    • Chlidonias
      I do it all the time if I'm typing too fast or basically just not concentrating enough. Usually I mix letters (eg, tiegr instead of tiger), but fortunately I tend to either notice when scanning through or if its a photo title I send a surreptitious pm to a moderator to correct it before anyone notices :D
    • Hix
      But you can correct your own title errors by clicking on "edit Photo" and then changing the title.

Nice photo by the way. I've always thought Inca terns looked elegant.
    • Maguari
      D'you know, I'd always presumed that was time-limited, like editing a post. Correction on its way!

And yes, Inca Terns are stunning birds - one of the best display species going.
    • Chlidonias
      there was a period where there was a time limit for editing photo titles, due to Sim rearranging how the galleries worked, which has now been corrected. But in the case of my post, I actually meant to write "thread titles", which can't be edited by oneself (see, that was another one of those mistakes I make when posting too fast! :D)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Living Coasts (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    7 May 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    183 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2007:05:28 09:13:48
    Exposure Time:
    10/4200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    46.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).