Join our zoo community
HowlerMonkey

Indian Gaur

Indian Gaur
HowlerMonkey, 10 Jan 2022
    • Sarus Crane
      I hope they get a new bull for this lone cow. I wonder why if AZA is phasing out the species she's still there. Are they going to send her out to the Bronx or will they get a bull from Omaha to pair with her and possibly more cows from the Bronx to start a new breeding group in Miami?
    • HowlerMonkey
      Sorry for late response, there was sign for dromedary camels on the exhibit as well when this picture was taken so I suspect this exhibit will hold some of their dromedaries in the future.
      Sarus Crane likes this.
    • Sarus Crane
      @HowlerMonkey Hopefully she'll still be there in March. The first time I saw her was in Jan 2012 when she was a calf with the bull calf who's now gone. She must still be able to breed. I'd suggest if no male is coming to be paired then she should be moved to the Bronx.
    • HowlerMonkey
      @Sarus Crane I hope she gets moved to the Bronx or an other facility that will allow her to breed. I love Gaur and many of the hoofstock that have “disappeared” from North American zoos due to a lack of interest so I would love to see their numbers grow and more interest in them some day. (Don’t want them to disappear like the Congo Buffalo did years ago from collections)
    • Sarus Crane
      @HowlerMonkey I'm pretty sure there is still a breeding herd of Congo Buffalo at Giraffe Ranch (Lex Salisbury's place) in Pasco County. He also has 2 Indian Rhinos.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Miami
    Uploaded By:
    HowlerMonkey
    Date:
    10 Jan 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    470.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).