Join our zoo community
Sun Wukong

Indoor Enclosure

A snap shot: on this very hot summer day, the keepers had cooled down several of the indoor enclosures with ice and fans, resulting in the pandas resting indoors.

Indoor Enclosure
Sun Wukong, 26 Dec 2008
    • Sun Wukong
      A snap shot: on this very hot summer day, the keepers had cooled down several of the indoor enclosures with ice and fans, resulting in the pandas resting indoors.
    • mstickmanp
      How many pandas did they have?
    • Sun Wukong
      About 50 in 2006.
    • Fossa dude
      Bum deal for the panda indoor exhibits. Have they ever changed them since then?
    • Sun Wukong
      :confused: They have several large outdoor exhibits. The indoor quarters are used for the night and, as in this case, as cool shelters on hot days.
    • Fossa dude
      Idk. If I was a panda ( Endangered Species ) I wouldn't want to be in an indoor exhibit that was a concrete slap. Ya know...... Just that. Concrete floors are the worst. Theres not even a bit of hay. I also hope the only reason for the floor being dirty is because of a couple of pandas romping around in the soil and when they come in to the fanned and iced indoor cage they get all wet and the dirt comes off and makes mud. ( Not starting an argument ) :)

Fossa dude :)
    • Sun Wukong
      Take a look at the indoor quarters for bears (and most other carnivores) in most zoos worldwide before spouting off; and maybe try cleaning one or more daily...:rolleyes:
    • sooty mangabey
      In very many ways, this is one of the most puzzling posts I've seen in a while. But, why is the panda's status as an "endangered species" relevant as to whether it would enjoy living on a "concrete slap" (sic)?
    • Fossa dude
      @john - Why is this puzzling? Endangered Species need help. There Endangered. There low on numbers and are in Breeding Programs. Most Carnivores are in indoor cages like these. But look at this:

http://www.zoochat.com/gallery/data/606/ZooAtlanta073.jpg

Pandas aren't the usual run of the mill animal you see every day.

Sun Wukong - these aren't regular carnivores.
    • Sun Wukong
      Really? So what? Does that imply that you don't have to read properly and write gibberish?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chengdu Panda Base
    Uploaded By:
    Sun Wukong
    Date:
    26 Dec 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    138.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DCR-TRV22E
    Date / Time:
    2006:07:07 06:58:32
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    Focal Length:
    3.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).