Join our zoo community
Arek

Inside former Bird House

After recent renovation converted into house for tamarins.

Inside former Bird House
Arek, 9 Feb 2017
    • LaughingDove
      I hadn't heard that the renovations had happened (though I knew they were planned) so it's nice to see pictures.

Have all the birds that were in here left the collection? There was some fairly cool stuff like the Livingston's Turaco.
    • Arek
      Yes, all birds gone away. I think it is rather unsuccessful transformation. They should transform it into free flight aviary for smaller birds, for example some finches. Monkey exhibits are rather long but narrow.
    • LaughingDove
      I wonder if you could post a list of the species held here?
      Thanks!
    • Arek
      The list is very short: two females Cotton-top Tamarin and two females Golden-handed Tamarin. Plus two empty cages (but much smaller so maybe next species will be Pygmy Marmoset).
    • LaughingDove
      @Arek Seems like quite a waste of space considering the size of the central area and the number of birds previously held.
    • Arek
      I fully agree with you. as I wrote above it is unsuccessful transformation.
    • ThylacineAlive
      In September 2018 there were Common Marmoset, Black-Tufted Marmoset, Red-Handed Tamarin, Cotton-Top Tamarin, and a capuchin species.

~Thylo
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Poznan Zoo (Old)
    Uploaded By:
    Arek
    Date:
    9 Feb 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-HX100V
    Date / Time:
    2017:01:20 11:19:58
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    4.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).